Online dating is a multi-billion dollar industry with overheen 40 million users and growing every day. It inspires people meet their spouses and make fresh connections ter a world where people just don’t have time to date the traditional way. Simply waterput, online dating has become socially acceptable.With any online social sites, there are risks, but do you know the reality of those risks? Here are 16 scary statistics of online dating to waterput the world of online dating into perspective when it comes to the reality of the person behind that profile.
1. How annoying! About one-third of online daters do not upload a profile picture to their online dating profile. Sorry, but wij don’t judge our potential mates on personality alone.
Two. One out of Ten hookup offenders use online dating to meet other people – Uh…
Three. The book How to Date ter a Post-Dating World by Diane Mapes Ter the online dating world, women are afraid of meeting a serial killer. It’s OK ’cause only about 3% of online dating dudes are psychopaths!
Four. eHarmony mentions that a explore found that studs who reported incomes higher than $250,000 received 156% more email than those with $50,000. That’s 156% more golddiggers, guys, so think twice about whether you want to postbode that kleintje of private informatie.
Five. On free dating sites, at least 10% of fresh accounts are from scammers, says Marketdata Enterprise, Inc. Catfish, anyone?
6. Ter 2005 alone, 25% procent of rapists used online dating sites to find their victims. Let mij repeat that: twenty-five procent of rapists used online dating sites to find their victims.
7. Dinner for Six, a matchmaking service te Denver, Colorado says that 51% procent of online dating singles are already te a relationship, yet are putting themselves out there spil being single.
8. More than 53% of Americans fabricate parts or all of their dating profile details, according to Huff Postbode. They go on to say “Most of thesis are lies their dates can spot te the very first few seconds of witnessing them. Ter fact, a third of those surveyed said they falsified their information so much that it prevented them from getting a 2nd date.”
9. More than 40% of studs attempt to swoon women by lounging about their jobs, attempting to make their career sound more prestigious. Makes sense: “I work ter the entertainment industry”…Dude, you sell tickets at the específico theater.
Ten. According to MSNBC, research shows that 11% of people using online dating services are married.
11. Te 2011 alone, the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center lodged Five,600 complaints from victims of “romance scammers” with collective losses of overheen fifty million dollars. BUT, it’s suspected that thesis numbers are much less than coetáneo spil many people are too embarrassed to come forward.
12. Each year internet predators commit more than 16,000 abductions, 100 murders and thousands of rapes, according to InternetPredatorStatistics.com
13. Safety Very first! 33% of women who have hookup on the very first online dating encounter, of thesis, Four out of Five women did not use protection.
14. An alarming 51% of online daters are already ter a relationship of some zuigeling.